dbz stickers! you can find them on my redbubble here! ✪
One of the things I hate is that if you aren’t bipolar, OCD, autistic, ect, it’s considered perfectly acceptable to be all “ha ha I look autistic” “feeling a little bipolar today”, but if you actually do have a mental disorder, then god forbid you talk about it, you attention-seeking over-dramatizing romanticizing monster.
this is the realest thing I’ve ever read
How is tumblr not obsessed with the Septimus Heap series? It’s got wizards, a princess running from assassination, monsters, dragons, and the biggest plot twist of my childhood. If you’ve never read the book series I suggest going out and getting right now.
IVE BEEN MEANING TO MAKE A POST ABOUT HOW WONDERFUL SEPTIMUS HEAP IS LIKE IT HAS LITERALLY EVERYTHING
- a society built on a matriarchy where your queen births princesses who become queens who have princesses and so since lineage is obvious the man is unimportant and queens get to have consorts and lovers and be ruling powers uninhibited by silly patriarchical rules
- also a boy who breaks tradition by taking on a woman’s job
- a bossy woman in charge of all things magic who is a complex character with her own wants and dreams and hurts and fears
- actually there are just TONS OF WOMEN WITH THEIR OWN STORYLINES AND THEIR OWN DREAMS literally the main girl Jenna, and MArcia, and Syrah, and Sarah and Sally Mullin and Maureen the pie shop lady and Aunt Zelda and Jannit Marten and Alice Nettles and so many more
- CHARCTERS WHO HANG ONTO TRAUMAS like a boy who was raised in the military finds a family and never forgets his military training and goes into survival mode periodically in the books and a boy who is consistently afraid of closed spaces into adulthood
- THAT ONE GUY WHO IS A TOTAL VILLAIN BUT COMES BACK AS AN AWKWARD MEMBER OF THE FAMILY
- also there is one girl kiss just one little lady-to-lady kiss which is pretty surprising and interesting and you can easily infer it exposes a main character as bisexual JUST SAYING
basically go read septimus heap please it is wonderful
When I worked at a library and Harry Potter books would go out of stock in the summer I’d always direct the people who asked for them to Severus Heap instead.
By August, we had all the Potter books back but couldn’t keep the Heap books in stock.
chris evans + text posts
“I’m afraid I’ll never finish college. I’m afraid I’ll finish college with student loans I can never pay back. I’m afraid I’ll get a degree and won’t be able to find a job in that field. I’m afraid I’ll get a degree, get the job I dreamed of, and hate it.”
A Mental Illness Happy Hour listener whose list of fears matches mine four for four. Glad I’m not the only one. (via accordant)
Omg I vent about this to Brandon every fucking day